Structural Engineering Consultants
Structural engineering covers the entire building envelope above, below and around facility. Steel structures, like this one in Fort McMurray, offer versatile operating space.
As your business grows, it's important for your building to have a solid foundation for which to grow. Structural engineering consultants are used on new construction and renovations project that require design changes to the foundation, the roof and all supporting structures that keeps your building solid and safe.
Since no two buildings are the same, it's necessary to have our engineering partners design, customize and signoff the structural design to meet national, provincial and municipal standards.
We work with architects, developers, home builders and home owners to design a building's structural system that's right for you today and well into the future. Building safety, health and functionality is our #1 priority.
Structural engineering services include the components listed below.
We work with architects at the start of the project to provide a framework that plays a key component in the overall shape size and function of the building. Services include:
- Foundation analysis and design.
- Load analsyis of beams and supporting members.
- Seismic engineering and loading.
- Wind, water, snow load analysis which is especially important for the Alberta climate.
- Sustainable and environmental design to reduce building energy consumption.
- Designs must follow Alberta and Canadian National Building codes.
- We coordinate with the architect and general contractor before construction begins.
The columns you see above ground are solidly supported below ground shown in this commercial building under construction in Edmonton.
Assisting your project thorugh the entire construction process:
- Issue of design documents and changes for application to the Authority Having Jurisdiction.
- Provides review of materials and signoff of use and application in a project.
- Structural engineers provide inspections at various stages of the build to ensure quality of work and compliance to building standards.
- Provide remedial solutions for new and existing construction deficiencies.
- Coordinate with mechanical engineering consultants on duct spaces and ceiling cavities to make buildings more energy efficient.
Structural engineering are needed on big and small projects including:
- Multi-family townhomes and condos up to 9 storeys (Part 3 & Part 9 of the Building Code).
- Large custom homes in all types of geographies in Alberta and BC.
- Pre-engineered, steel and tilt-up's for commercial building design and industrial building design.
- Warehouse and storage buildings
- Civic buildings including rec centres, churches, theatres.
- Farm, food processing and winery buildings
- Bulk storage industrial buildings.
- Fire/roof/vehicular-impact evaluations as well as failure investigations.
- Retaining wall design and assessment.
A solid foundation and sturdy walls for which to build your business do not just happen. They are engineered for success.